Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Still laughing!

The other day we were in the car going....ummm...somewhere...and Rachel is jabbering away in the way back as usual. I could hear about every third word, as usual, and was trying to nod and make appropriate responses every few seconds even though my mind was kinda blocking her out (love ya, Rachel!).
Anyhoo, she caught me. Then she called me on the carpet about it. "Mom! You are not listening to me! I said...blah, blah, blah....."
"Yes, Rachel....yep....OK....Uh huh"
So she says, "Mom! I am strong like bull. I will come up there and you WILL listen!"
I chuckle. "You strong like bull, eh?"
"Yes, me strong like bull. I will take you out!"(she makes horns on her head with her index fingers and grunts)
We are laughing and saying "strong like bull" in our deepest and most bullish voices. Then, I got it....an apostrophe! (That is my FAVORITE phrase from the movie Peter Pan with Robin Williams. Captain Hook says, "An epiphany, Sneed. You had an epiphany." "That's what I said, an apostrophe!") But I digress.......
So Long story really long I said in my best bull voice....."You are strong like bull but worse! You smell like bull!!"
Honest to goodness I thought Rachel would fall out of her seat she was laughing so hard. Too funny! Anyhoo, the conversation went downhill fast with her jumping on the smelly like poop bandwagon, but I still chuckle at the look on her face when I said that. Guess you had to be there!

No comments: