Friday, May 1, 2009

A Rachel Milestone

My baby continues to grow up. In half an hour she will be picked up for her first sleepover, at Alyssa's house. She is soooooooo excited! She has been asking to go on sleepovers for two years and I keep saying no, that momma is not ready yet. How true that is.
I just finished packing her bag with PJs and clothes for tomorrow. I am bawling! I have to stop! She can't come home and find me this way or she will freak and not go (at least, my subconsious wishes she would not go, but knowing her I will get a peck on the cheek- bawling or not- and away she will go to Washington, NH) She loves a good adventure and an adventure with friends just can't be beat.
I keep saying that this is good practice for May 16th when her brownie troop is going away to Camp Chenoa in Antrim for two nights. Two nights! They should have a parent support group for this, or something.
Man! She makes me crazy but then when she finally gets the opportunity to go, all I want to do is hug her tight and stroke her hair. To sing her lullabys and tell her 123 times that it is quiet time and she needs to go to sleep. Oh, shit. Her ride is here. *wipes tears* Wish me luck!!
Well, it is 3:37 and she is long gone. The bus came at 3:30 and she floated into the house on cloud nine, grabbed her bag, paused for a split second to give me a half-hearted hug (sorta) as she scurried everyone out the door. Well. The good thing is that she left no time for any drama! Sleep tight mommy's girl. I love you!

No comments: