Saturday, May 2, 2009

Safe and Sound

Well, she's home in her own bed tonight. Safe and sound. She had a great time on her sleepover but couldn't wait to get back home and back to her normal routine. She felt shy at their house, and they had a big dog which made her a little nervous. It was a real warm-fuzzy for me to get a big hug when I went to pick her up.

OK, the real truth is that I went to pick her up at 1PM and she refused to even look at me and told me to go away! She wanted to stay there again. She wasn't the least bit shy and, in fact, showed Alyssa how to use the popcorn button on the microwave to make "breakfast" as 7AM. The dog did make her nervous for all of 3.5 seconds, then the two baby kittens caught her eye, as did the gynormous trampoline and the rest, as they say, is history. She came home kicking and screaming all the way. Crying that she already missed Alyssa and Ady and that she wanted to go back tomorrow. On and on and on for the entire 20 minutes in the car........so happy she is back!

LOL the good news is that she truly did miss me and was like glue to me all afternoon and all evening. She told me that she loved me and wanted hugs, she drew me a picture showing herself crying because I hadn't been there to sing her to sleep. She asked if I sang to myself last night instead. I laughed.....because I had.

So she is already planning her two overnights on the 15th and 16th to Camp Chenoa. I guess I don't have to worry. She'll be just fine.

No comments: