Sunday, May 17, 2009

Becoming Best Buds

Ben and Rebecca are quickly becoming two peas in a pod. Wherever he is, she is. If he leads, she will follow. Today they were playing together out on the little slide in the backyard. Then she followed Ben over to the big slide. They pick flowers together, they beat the snot out of each other.
Everytime Becca wakes up from her nap, Ben tells me to "stay there" and runs up to greet her. He will occasionally climb in the crib with her and lie next to her, snuggling in the blankets. Of course, he also wakes her up before she is ready- argh!
This morning I had one snuggled up on either side of me (Rachel was away at camp) and they were rubbing each others hands, and patting each other lovingly. My heart grew three sizes watching them.
At noon Ben was on the outside of the kitchen door and Rebecca was inside and Ben was playing peek-a-boo with her. She laughed...and laughed....so cute!
This afternoon I got home from grocery shopping and asked Chad where all the kids were. He said that Ben and Rebecca were in the backyard together. We couldn't see them from the window so I walked out onto the deck and found them over by the kitchen set. Rebecca was in a denim dress, sitting in a chair swinging her leg while Ben was "cooking" in the kitchen for her. It was so cute!!! I wish I had had my camera.
Chad went out and took a look and he said, " They are going to be just like you and John." I thought that that was the best compliment ever. *smile*

No comments: