Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Guy


I love my husband. On Monday he got reading glasses. Apparently his eyes have been getting worse for some time but he has not been letting on. Anyhoo, now he has readers. That evening after dinner, we sat together at the table after the kids were excused. He put on his glasses and flipped through a magazine- actually seeing the words this time. As I gazed at him in his glasses, I was suddenly struck by feelings of (now, now) comfort and stability. (Not what you expected me to say, was it? LOL) Seriously, who would have thought that this man that I met when we were just teenagers, would be the same one still sitting across the table from me as we start to enter "middle age". We have worked hard together, built a house together, work as a team to raise our kids, laughed, cried and loved and still, just by catching a peek at him, I can feel contented in my life. How special is that??
... And, man! Does he look good in those glasses or what??!

vjffyr4vgfrfffedhsxu (post-script added by Ben LOL)

No comments: