Saturday, October 4, 2008

Another project


My daughter is amazing. She is cute and smart and she makes me scream and want to pull my hair out and I wouldn't trade her for the world! I just love her. She is an artist. She is 6. She loves to do "projects". This is her latest one-- it is a bonsaii tree!
She watched How It's Made on TV last night with her dad and they showed an artist making a fake bonsaii tree. He made a plaster base, then covered it with strips of paper, painted it, added the leaves, and then glued moss around the base to make it look lifelike. So this morning Rachel took her brother's boot, wrapped it up in toilet paper, painted it to look like bark, added green for the moss and then went out to collect twigs and stones to make it look like a tree.
She is the best! How can you not love that!?

No comments: