Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Can't help but wonder 'what if'...

2004 was a tough year for us. Really tough. Everyone remembers March 12th, the day of our housefire. Even now, four years later, it is still brought up in conversation every now and again. The worst part of the year for me, however, was that on October 21st I had a miscarriage. No one mentions it, I honestly don't even know if people remember it, but every year Chad and I talk about it and remember our little angel.
Would we have had a boy or a girl? Would he/she have looked like the others or had their own individual features? Would she have slept well? Eaten well? Liked to play in outside like Ben or inside like Rachel? Would he have had physical problems? Emotional ones? Obviously there were severe problems, and it was for the best that things happened the way they did, but every year my mind gets filled with questions and I think of all the things I missed out on with my angel baby. Rubbing noses, lullabies, having her fingers wrapped around mine. I miss you little one! We will never forget you!

No comments: