Saturday, October 4, 2008

He's serious!

DH wants to have another child! I am in complete and utter shock. When I was dating him he was never going to get married (so we broke up until he realized what a great catch I was and proposed)......then we were never going to have children. He had a crappy childhood and didn't trust himself to be a good parent so no kids. That was the rule. We were married 10 yrs. then I got pregnant with Rachie. Now I am old and tired and falling apart and he wants to keep going!>!>!>
I don't even know what to say (well, I DO know what to say--NO!) but really! Why can't guys get it together sooner??? Why wait until I am 40 to spring this sudden love of babies on me? I could just scream. This all came about because Rebecca has outgrown her swing so I have been asking around if anyone knows of someone who can use it. And he got all teary eyed and said, "Are you sure? Maybe just one more??" Speechless. I was absolutely speechless (and believe me, that doesn't happen often! LOL)
Do you know how you know that you are done and are truly satisfied with your family? I will tell you how you know. When you are really not done you still question whether you are really done or not. You tell people that you are pretty sure you are done, but there is always something in the way back crevices of your mind and in your heart that tells you not to give things away yet. When you are done, you are just done. There is a period at the end of the sentence and there is nothing more to say. No wondering, no "well...." Nothing. Just, "I am done- period." You look forward to getting rid of the exersaucer and the swing and the bucket carseat and everything else that it taking up your entire livingroom. You are done. Then he has to pull this on me?? What am I supposed to say to him? Argh! Who ever thought that I would be in the position of being the stick-in-the-mud!? Let me tell you, it was much easier when I could just blame everything on him!

No comments: