Friday, November 14, 2008

Reflections

From the time she was a year old, my oldest daughter has LOVED to watch her reflection in windows. As a toddler she spent much of her time in front of our sliding glass doors performing little dances, tilting her head back and forth and watching herself whenever possible out of the corner of her eye. You could hold a whole conversation with her without her ever looking at you. She was absolutely fascinated by her reflection. Doors and windows at home, in stores, at grammy's house.........didn't matter where you were-- if there was a reflection, Rachel was performing for it. It was so very cute and everyone commented on it, all the time.
For the past year or maybe even two, I haven't noticed her doing it. In fact, I had forgotten about that cute little habit from her toddlerhood.
For the past week or so I have caught her several times making faces and singing into the glass. This evening while we talked about her day she didn't look at me once, prefering instead to converse while watching herself over my shoulder. Such a simple thing which brought back so many wonderful memories. "Hit it!"

No comments: