Monday, November 24, 2008

Dear Mommy,

I hat you be kuase I don haf any fun. Sined, from Rachel.
The funny thing is that she didn't write it because she hated me, she did it because she wanted a hug and to get me to snuggle with her and tell her I loved her. Why is it that we are so concerned about our manners outside of the home and being PC, but we (I) can get so caught up in the everyday stuff in our home that our daughter has to send me hate mail in order to get a hug?
She is so precious to me. I love that she gave me this note. With her head lowered, her eyebrows up and her bangs hanging low over her eyes. Like she has reached the end of her rope with me. I wish I could capture that expression on camera. I love that even when she was feeling that mad at me, she still could communicate with me. She cleverly thought of a way to passively get my attention with aggressive words in order to get what she needed. Genius!
Don't worry....we're best friends now. We even had some extra-special snuggle time while I sang her to sleep. I love you, too, Rach.

No comments: