Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Golden Book

R1 has a bookshelf in her room that is full to overflowing with books. We read a book every night before bed and it is the ultimate punishment not to get a book. It is getting fun, as now she is starting to read to me. So a few weeks ago I was lying in her bed and the top corner of a book was pulled out of the shelf. The letters were pastel with little white dots decorating them. I was intrigued as we have read all of those books over and over, but I couldn't place this one. It must be one that Nana got for her and it got put on the shelf as part of a group. Hmmmmm I reached for it, pulled it out and squealed. "OMG Rachel! Look at this book! I LOVE this book! Grammy used to read it to me ALL THE TIME!" I couldn't believe it was tucked in there and I never saw it!
It is called Home For a Bunny and has a cute brown bunny on the cover. I read the first line and the rest just rolled off my tongue. After she fell asleep I ran down and called my mom.
"Mom- you gotta listen to what I just found- you won't believe it!....."Spring, spring, spring" sang the frog. "Spring" sang the groundhog. It was spring......
My mom couln't believe it either. What a nice laugh we had. .....I wonder what ever happened to The Color Kittens, Hush and Mush? LOL

No comments: