Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Day for Dreaming

What a beautiful day for dreaming. Since I rarely get enough continuous sleep at night to have a dream, I have decided that for a few minutes every day I will pour myself a drink (diet dew), put my feet up and cruise the travel channel to see what the day's destination will be. Today I took a Disney cruise in my mind. (Yes, I know that this is pretty sad but I have to tell you that I really do enjoy it!) The boat was gorgeous, the accomodations were large enough to fit a family and- this is the best part- they supply the babysitters so that the adults can enjoy the cruise, too. Ahhhhhh..........
Yesterday I went on the American Orient Express, which is a trip that I promise myself that I am going to actually do some day --when the kids are older and can all sleep through the night so that Grammy and Grampy can keep them for the week. What a beautiful trip through all the national parks out west. It makes me giddy to think about being able to go there with my husband and see the sights without worrying who is getting too close to the edge, who is trying to feed wild animals, and who is starting food fights in the dining car. Oh, to be a couple again! But that is for another day..............

1 comment:

Mbdiamond said...

It's not that far off! Oz & I managed 10 days to the mountains, sans kids, last month... maybe when your peanut's two?