Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Beloved Son...



...has discovered the bathtub! I know it may sound weird, but this kid has screamed bloody murder from day one whenever he is subjected to a bath or shower. Last summer he refused to go more than ankle deep in the lake or a pool. He has just always hated water. And then it was a random Tuesday and he was upstairs playing with Rachel (who was in the tub). He stood off to the side and did his splashing, played with the toys and everything all the while staying safely on the sidelines. I went into the bedroom to fold some laundry when suddenly he walked in still fully clothed but dripping wet from head to toe.
And so it began. Now he asks to go in the tub at least once a day and many times in these past few days has gone in once in the AM and again later in the afternoon! I don't know why, I don't know how long it will last, but I am thrilled! Life is sooo much easier now!

No comments: