Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mad Dash for Hugs

We have this game that we play- Ben invented it. Actually Rachel invented it, now that I think about it and I tried to play it by Rachel's rules with Ben but he adapted it to his liking...and now Rebecca is even starting to play (I am chuckling as I write this thinking about her--so friggin' cute!!)
Anyhoo, with Rachel she would stand across the room and I would pull on an imaginary rope and "pull" her into my arms for a "big squeeze hug". Used to come in handy in stores as she was my run-and-hide kid. I would then be able to squat down and pull the "rope" and get her back. Sneaky,eh?
Ben never liked the fake rope thing. It was too slow for him. Instead he goes to the farthest point, usually the kitchen by the sink or near the barn wall, opens his arms and runs though the house and into my arms for a big bear hug.
Now Rebecca does it,too. Oh, how smart she is!! She smiles big, she opens her arms and just when you think she is going to run to you she laughs, pivots around and runs farther away! The stinker! Where I get in about 12 hugs with Ben I only get about 2-3 with Rebecca as she thinks that the anticipation is the best part. LOL She is sooooo darn cute with her little arms out and her chubby legs trying to "run" to and from me. Melts my heart.
And the best part of the story? Yesterday morning Ben and Rebecca were playing the game together. Ben was holding his arms open and Rebecca was coming in for a hug and a gentle pat on the head. *smile* My precious children.

No comments: