Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm falling in love....

....shhhhhh! Don't tell Chad, but I have been falling in love with someone over the last month or so and it is not him....
It is Rebecca. She has stolen my heart! There is something about this age that I just love. She is 13 months today and so very aware of, well, everything and already so darn smart....and cute? There aren't enough words to describe it! I remember falling in love with Ben at this age too. And of course Rachel was the apple of our eye since day one...but with Rebecca...now she has me wrapped around her finger.
It's not that I haven't loved her, or didn't love them, but it just seems like when they were newborns they were cuddly and all, and I did love them, of course, but it is now that I finally feel that I know her and I love who she is and who she is becomming. That whole busy, adjusting, juggling time is pretty much done. It is spring, we have been going outside which means I don't have to spend so much time cleaning up after everyone, and I have been thoroughly entranced with watching her explore, interact and learn about her environment. She is such a blessing to me. I have talked about her birth in the past by saying God has a sense of humor since she was born so close to my 40th birthday. But now I can't thank God enough for making her my daughter. What a sweet present she is to me everyday.

No comments: