Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Fells


John Hay's estate on Lake Sunapee was open to the public today all decked out in it's Christmas finery. How beautiful! I actually managed to take all three kids through the mansion (Don't touch! no, no-no! Careful! Over here, please! Dont touch!) and then enjoyed time in their children's corner making crafts. What a gorgeous day it was! Short sleeve shirts, pictures of the kids on the lawns....and within a day or two I will even forget that Ben threw a fit and didn't want to get out of the car....that Rachel really wanted to stay and see everything because she didn't want to have to clean her room.... and Becca refusing to walk every 5 minutes or so and plopping down on the driveway with her scowl. But none of that mattered. I was with my kids, I saw Christmas decorations in a beautiful house that had no drawing on the walls, and when it was all said and done they all said that they had a good time.

No comments: