Monday, February 2, 2009

Pierced ears


Rachel has been interested in getting her ears pierced. She has been talking about it and asking about it and worrying that it will hurt. We finally decided that we would take her to the Piercing Pagoda (I researched them and was impressed with their policy and procedures) and see what she thought. She was excited and terrified and picked out earrings and then changed her mind.
Since the discussion began, Chad and I had been tossing around the idea of getting Rebecca's ears done while she was small. I had asked friends and family their opinions on doing a baby's ears and most were either neutral or in favor of it. My mom wasn't so keen on the idea, to say the least, but since we were there we decided to go for it. Rebecca would have hers done first, then Rachel. The result?? Rebecca looks cute in her diamond studs and Rachel is going to wait another year or two. (I don't blame her- I was 13 when I had mine done!)

No comments: