Monday, February 9, 2009

Mii Fit

Well, after days of watching my children play with my wii fit "game" I finally managed to play it myself. I know that it doesn't sound like it should be much of a challenge to play it, but I have found, after several attempts, that the only way for me to "play" is to do it after the kids are all asleep. I opened the board a week ago and tried to do it at 5 AM. Ben (who gets up at 4:45 like clockwork) thought it looked like fun and tried to get on the board with me. Hmmmm. Hard enough to fit me on the board, never mind the two of us. But I perservered and got him set up with breakfast on the couch while watching Diego (he hardly breathes when Diego is on, so I was guarenteed 20 minutes mwahahaha)... and on the board I went! I was off to a great start, measured my weight and BMI (Groan) and did the beginning of the basic balance test when who should crawl in and put her hands on the board but Miss Rebecca! (She gets up with Ben) Hard to complete a balance test when the right side of the board has an extra 20 lbs. on it. Ugh.
But don't call me a quitter! I pulled out the musical toys and got her set up in th corner (now I only have 12 minutes of Diego left) and I jumped back on. I was sooooo close to finding out my Wii age (What will I ever do if it tells me I am 54??)...but I digress.....and who comes down but my Princess Rachel. "what are you doing? Is this the new game? Can I do it??" OK, I give up. And so it went for the week --until today. Today they all went to bed and I snuck (on tippy-toe) downstairs to the playroom and finally, FINALLY completed the baseline test and tried out a few of the activities. It really was pretty cool. The biggest surprise for me? Yoga is HARD! But I kicked butt anyways. Yeah, baby, hear me roar!!
You're dying to find out, right? What was my Wii fit age? Is it killing you? The suspense? Oh, yeah, uh huh, my Wii fit age is.....35!! Yahoo!
And now it is waaay past my bedtime and I'm tired. Off to bed. The other good news? I feel so good after doing 21 minutes on the wii that I didn't even eat that piece of cake that I have been eying all day (Rachel turned 7 yesterday...but that will be another post). Did I mention that I have the body of a 35 year old?? A very heavy 35 year old, but a 35 year old none-the-less. Take that!!

1 comment:

Mbdiamond said...

OK - that's hilarious... and I'm still under 35 (IRL!) - so wonder what my "Wii-fit" age would be??

:P