Friday, January 14, 2011

To the Woman

To the judgemental woman who was exercising at the Courtyard Marriot while I sat poolside with my children....
I saw the disgusted glance you gave my figure (or lack thereof) and noted how your eyes suggested that I should totally be the one on the treadmill and not you. This is all I have to say: I got married when I was 24, just after completing my Master's Degree at Smith College. I have been married to the same man for 18 years and he is the father of all three of my children. He comes home to me each night, and works hard to keep his family comfortable. He does not go to bars or hang out with the guys or cheat on me. I am a teacher and am well respected in my field where I worked for eleven years. I have been blessed by being able to stay home and raise my children for the past 9 years. Even after all that time out of the workforce, I was hired back into my choosen career at my very first interview (not bas in this economy, eh?). I own four pieces of property. My children all love me and come running to greet me if I am away for even an hour. I volunteer on a regular basis and my opinions and ideas are respected by my contemporaries.
I may carry extra weight around my middle, but when I look at my life I let out a satisfied sigh. Well done, Christina. Good choices, good work.
Can you say the same, fitness princess?

No comments: