Saturday, May 22, 2010

The clothesline

Lord knows I am not the most ambitious person when it comes to housework. I have always professed that I was supposed to have servants. Alas, no one has ever knocked on my door and told me to put my feet up and read whilst they cleaned and started dinner. You gotta have dreams, right?
Well, the funniest thing has occured- I decided that to help conserve electricity (and save $$) I wanted a clothes line. Seriously! I REALLY wanted a clothesline. I asked Chad to put one up all last summer. No dice. So this May when the weather got warmer I put one up myself. I LOVE IT! I use it all the time...and I just LOVE seeing the clothes hanging out there! Is it how neat they look all in a line? The fact that I can SEE money and electricity being saved? I don't know...probably a little of both. But I actually do laundry on a regular basis now and look forward to hanging it out. Bizarre, eh?

No comments: