Thursday, March 4, 2010

Exasperation

So my husband is in a "tizzy". He works best under pressure and knows how to make mountains out of molehills (in my opinion) about the weirdest things-- like Rachel writing "wash me" on his truck. (lol)
As he is frantically searching the barn for a brush so that he can have her wash it off in 34 degree weather, I pull her aside and say, "you know, your dad is a really great guy........but when you get married try to find a great guy that is a bit more laid back, OK?"
She looks at me with these beautiful brown eyes and says, deadpan, "You can divorce him, you know."
I blink. "I can?"
"Yes", she says. "People do it all the time."
"You wouldn't mind?" I ask.
"Depends on who I get to live with." she says.
I chuckled (She loves me mooooore, she loves me moooooore!) and gave her a quick head-hug and went to help find the brush.

Added 15 minutes later--the hose is frozen but Chad and all 3 kids are out front trying to thaw it out. Points for persistance!

No comments: