Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The View Out My Window

The kids played nicely in the yard this afternoon. Sandbox, swingset...nice to see toys being used for their intended purposes LOL. As I am working on making dinner I glance out the window and see Rachel suspended halfway down the slide with her feet dangling and her arms wrapped up with rope. WTH? I ran out to hear her crying and screaming and by the time I am 1/2 way to her can see that her hands have turned purple.
Apparently she thought it would be a good experiment to tie one end of the dog leash to the top of the slide (no dog attached) and then put BOTH her hands through the loop part of the leash that you typically hold. She then slipped and litterally "hung" her wrists. She has welts on them and has been icing them. Can't wait to get THAT call from school tomorrow! But all in all, she's fine and that's what counts.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OMG! Scary!! Did you age about 20 years? So glad to hear she's okay.